4th of July Parade
The Parade is back!
Join the City of South Lake Tahoe in celebrating our nation's birthday by showing off your community pride in the annual 4th of July Parade.
Individuals, businesses, sports groups, philanthropy groups, schools, etc. are all invited to participate and FLOAT entries are HIGHLY encouraged.
The City of South Lake Tahoe is hosting the annual South Lake Tahoe 4th of July Parade beginning at 10:00 am on Monday, July 4, 2022, from Ski Run Blvd. to Bijou Community Park off of Al Tahoe Blvd.
Parade entries must be received by June 10, 2022.
NEW THIS YEAR!
We are adding a theme to this year's parade! Our 2022 theme will be: "Tahoe Strong: A Salute to Our Heroes"
We are also adding in some friendly competition with the inaugural Best of the Parade Awards. A judging panel will be scoring all parade entries and trophies will be awarded for the following categories:
- Best Float Entry
- Best Walking Entry
- Best Youth Entry
- Best Decorated Vehicle(s)
- History & Heritage Award
Entries will be judged on the use of parade theme, overall appearance, originality & creativity, use of music/sound, and crowd appeal.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PARADE:
- Designate a Parade Captain for your group.
- Download the Parade Rules & Regulations, HERE.
- Fill out your Parade Entry Form online, no later than June 10, 2022, HERE.
- THIS IS AN EXTREMELY IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT: A signed liability release form is required for each individual marching or riding in the parade as part of your entry, regardless of age. All completed liability release forms must be submitted to the Parks & Recreation Department on or before June 17. There are two ways you can complete your waivers:
- Electronically fill out your waiver by using and sharing the link with your parade participants: USE THIS LINK.
- Download and print out paper copies of the Liability Release Forms for each individual marching or riding in the parade by using this link, HERE. Once you have collected your group's release forms, please email the completed forms to Special Events Coordinator, Emily Abernathy.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER AT THE PARADE:
If you are interested in helping out during the parade, please email us and let us know how you'd like to help!
2022 Parade Information
The parade will begin at 10 am and head West from Ski Run Blvd. to Al Tahoe Blvd. along Hwy 50.
The parade will travel up Al Tahoe Blvd. and conclude at Bijou Community Park.
Viewing locations will be along Hwy 50 between Ski Run Blvd. and Al Tahoe Blvd.
Premium Viewing Areas: