The Bicycle Advisory Committee consists of seven members serving two-year staggered terms of office.
- David Reichel (Committee Chair) (Term Expires January 2022)
- Charles Nelson (Term Expires January 2023)
- Peter Fink (Term Expires January 2023)
- Paul Amato (Term Expires January 2022)
- Russ Dahler (Term Expires January 2022)
- Scott Robbins (Term Expires January 2023)
- Chase Janvrin (Term Expires January 2023)
Notice of Solicitation for Appointment to the Bicycle Advisory Committee
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the South Lake Tahoe Recreation Facilities Joint Powers Authority (JPA) is seeking applicants to the Bicycle Advisory Committee required by Measure R.
The Bicycle Advisory Committee consists of seven (7) members. There are three open positions for two-year terms on the Bicycle Advisory Committee. The other four positions will expire in January 2023 and will be filled for two-year terms at that time. Bicycle Advisory Committee meetings are publicly noticed and generally occur monthly. The Bicycle Advisory Committee expects to continue to have work until year 2030.
The application can be obtained by mail or email from the following:
1. Office of the City Clerk, (530) 542-6004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. JPA staff, Bruce Eisner, (530) 545-9905 or email@example.com.
3. District 5 Board of Supervisors office, Marcie MacFarland, (530) 621-6577or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is Friday, January 19, 2022, 5 p.m. All applications must be received by the City Clerk by email or by mail to:
City of South Lake Tahoe
Susan Blankenship, City Clerk email@example.com
1901 Lisa Maloff Way, Ste. 206
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
The JPA will meet to consider and appoint members to the BAC on Thursday, January 27, 2022. The meeting will convene at 10 am via a ZOOM call. The JPA may choose to interview applicants in public at the meeting. Applicants to the BAC are encouraged to attend the ZOOM meeting, if possible. If unable to attend, applicants should advise JPA staff, Bruce Eisner, at 530-545-9905, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION (fillable pdf.)
Committee members generally meet on the first Wednesday of each month. The meetings are conducted via zoom. Please contact Bruce Eisner at email@example.com for the Agenda and zoom meeting information.
About the Committee
The Bicycle Advisory Committee operates under the South Lake Tahoe Recreation Facilities Joint Powers Authority. The purpose of this Authority is to enhance the recreational facilities in the South Lake Tahoe Area of the County.
The South Lake Tahoe Recreation Facilities Joint Powers Authority consists of:
- City of South Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County
- Tahoe Paradise Recreation and Park District
Biannual Joint Powers Authority Bicycle Advisory Committee (BAC) Report (PDF) from September 2020.
2016 Class 1 Bike Path Snow Removal Spring Survey Results
Did you know that the City of South Lake Tahoe clears Class 1 Bike/Multiuse paths as a secondary function after a significant snow event? The South Lake Tahoe Joint Powers Authority (JPA) Bicycle Advisory Committee posted a survey from April 16, 2015 – May 15, 2016 asking participants for input on snow removal on Class 1 Bike/Multiuse paths during winter months.
Survey Results (PDF)
In summarizing the survey results;
- 82% for respondents agreed that snow removal should occur on Class 1 bike/multiuse paths.
- The most heavily used bike/multiuse paths in winter months is Al Tahoe Blvd.
- 78% of respondents walk on bike/multiuse paths in winter months.
- 61% of respondents said they would not be impacted if snow removal did not occur on bike/multiuse paths.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Bicycle Trail Rehabilitation Project
The Joint Powers Authority Bicycle Committee and the City hosted a ribbon cutting ceremony for the bicycle rehabilitation project completed on the majority of the class 1 bike trails throughout the City in 2014. Check out the video!