- City Services
- Redevelopment: S.T.R. Successor Agency
- Oversight Board
The Oversight Board of the South Tahoe Redevelopment Successor Agency is responsible to review actions of the Successor Agency under Health and Safety Code Section 34171(e) in accordance with Assembly Bill X1 26 which dissolved the redevelopment agency. The Oversight Board is subject to the provisions of the Brown Act.
The role of the Oversight Board is to determine whether a debt or obligation as listed by the Successor is an "enforceable obligation," and if so, to review, evaluate and approve the Recognized Obligation Payment Schedules (ROPS). Both the Successor Agency and the Oversight Board have a fiduciary responsibility to the approved and enforceable debts and obligations. Oversight Board members are also responsible to review the Due Diligence Reports (DDRs) submitted by the Successor Agency, approve and adopt the Successor Agency's Long Range Asset Management Plan following Certificate of Completion by the Department of Finance. The Oversight Board's role is not to review the projects previously constructed by the former redevelopment agency, but to ensure debts and obligations pledged by redevelopment area property Tax Increment continue to be paid in a timely and accurate manner.
The dissolution of redevelopment under AB x1 26/27 set in motion many expeditious requirements and actions of the Successor Agency, Oversight Board, County Auditor-Controller, and State Controller's Office, of which all actions are to be approved by the Department of Finance.
The first meeting of the Oversight Board was held Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 9:00 in the South Lake Tahoe City Council Chambers. All meetings are listed to the left of this page, agendas, reports and decisions are listed in each meeting location.
Oversight Boardmembers are:
- Dr. Ed Manansala, Superintendent El Dorado County Office of Education
- Vacant, Public Member appointed by El Dorado County Board of Supervisors
- Brooke Laine, South Lake Tahoe City Councilmember
- Nancy Kerry, South Lake Tahoe City Employee
- Jeff DeFranco, President Lake Tahoe Community College
- Sue Noasel, Supervisor, El Dorado County Board of Supervisors
- Randy Vogelgesang, Board Director South Tahoe Public Utility District