Housing Programs and Resources
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday:
8:00 am - 3:30 pm (closed from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm)
Closed on Tuesdays
The State of California has launched the Emergency Rental Assistance Program.
To apply for the program please visit the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief page through the Housing Is Key website, or you can call toll-free 833-430-2122.
COVID-19 MORTGAGE PAYMENT RELIEF PROGRAM
If you are struggling to pay your mortgage, please visit https://www.hud.gov/coronavirus/resources_for_homeowners
PROGRAMA DE ALIVIO PARA EL PAGO DE LA
HIPOTECA POR COVID-19
Si tiene problemas para pagar su hipoteca por favor visite: https://www.hud.gov/coronavirus/resources_for_homeowners
The Development Services Department is responsible for projects and programs consistent with the policies of the City’s General Plan Housing Element.
Affordable Rental Housing Projects
The development of multi-unit affordable housing projects have been assisted through grant funds which can be used in conjunction with other funding support that is obtained by the developer or partners of the project. Grant funding for these projects ensures that they remain as affordable housing projects and the rents that are charged are regulated according to the conditions imposed by the governmental body or agency issuing the grant. The City has assisted the development of the following housing projects.
- The Aspens at South Lake Tahoe – 47 units of family affordable housing for low- and very low-income households
- Evergreen Apartments – 26 units of family affordable housing for low- and very low-income households
- Kelly Ridge - 32 units of affordable senior housing for very low-income persons 62 years and older
- Sierra Garden Apartments – 75 units of family affordable housing for low- and very low-income persons
- Sky Forest Acres – 18-unit housing project for very low-income persons with disabilities
- Tahoe Pines Apartments - 28 units of family affordable housing for low- and very low-income persons
- Tahoe Senior Plaza – 44 units of senior housing for very low-income persons 62 years and older
- Tahoe Valley Townhomes – 70 units of family housing for low- and very low-income persons
List of properties Certified Exceptional (PDF) by the City of South Lake Tahoe Multi-Family Dwelling Inspection and Maintenance Program. Properties obtain this level of certification by passing three successive annual inspections.
For questions related to the El Dorado Housing Vouchers assistance please click here.
El Dorado County Housing Services Brochure