- City Services
- Development Services
- Housing Programs and Resources
Housing Programs and Resources
This funding study and assessment of options is intended to provide elected officials, staff and community members, initial data and guidance for housing policy development and program implementation. Below is a copy of the draft funding study.
Analysis of Local Funding Source(s) for Housing Initiatives Prepared for the City of South Lake Tahoe January 13, 2013
Supplemental Residential Nexus Analysis
The Development Services Department is responsible for projects and programs consistent with the policies of the City’s General Plan Housing Element.
Affordable Rental Housing Projects
The development of multi-unit affordable housing projects have been assisted through grant funds which can be used in conjunction with other funding support that is obtained by the developer or partners of the project. Grant funding for these projects ensures that they remain as affordable housing projects and the rents that are charged are regulated according to the conditions imposed by the governmental body or agency issuing the grant. The City has assisted the development of the following housing projects.
- The Aspens at South Lake Tahoe – 47 units of family affordable housing for low- and very low-income households
- Evergreen Apartments – 26 units of family affordable housing for low- and very low-income households
- Kelly Ridge - 32 units of affordable senior housing for very low-income persons 62 years and older
- Sierra Garden Apartments – 75 units of family affordable housing for low- and very low-income persons
- Sky Forest Acres – 18-unit housing project for very low-income persons with disabilities
- Tahoe Pines Apartments - 28 units of family affordable housing for low- and very low-income persons
- Tahoe Senior Plaza – 44 units of senior housing for very low-income persons 62 years and older
- Tahoe Valley Townhomes – 70 units of family housing for low- and very low-income persons
Affordable Housing Resources List (PDF)
List of properties Certified Exceptional (PDF) by the City of South Lake Tahoe Multi-Family Dwelling Inspection and Maintenance Program. Properties obtain this level of certification by passing three successive annual inspections.
- Housing Issues Hotline
- Assembly Bill (PDF) 987 Database
For questions related to the El Dorado Housing Vouchers assistance please click here.
El Dorado County Housing Services Brochure