The South Lake Tahoe Arts, Culture, and Tourism Commission believes in shaping cultural policy and ensuring equitable access to diverse arts and cultural programing as an asset for community vitality and economic prosperity for residents and visitors alike.
The South Lake Tahoe Arts, Culture, and Tourism Commission envisions the arts as a catalyst to cultivate the creative cultural and aesthetic landscape of South Lake Tahoe.
1. Local Artistic Representation: Foster a creative landscape of equitable representation that reflects the spirit of those who live, work, and play here.
2. Tahoe Experience: Leverage art and culture as a community building force to enhance South Lake Tahoe’s artistic fingerprint and civic vitality, celebrating the community we inhabit.
3. Artistic Excellence: Ensure Public Art is created by skilled experienced artists who demonstrate a unique and authentic design aesthetic.
4. Interagency Collaboration: Encourage collaboration amongst South Lake Tahoe’s business community, cultural organizations, and events, ensuring a dynamic artistic process exists for creative placemaking as a tool for uniting the local community and generating civic engagement and cultural momentum.
5. Economic Vitality: Guarantee an equitable financial wage framework, which supports a competitive living and fair market wage for artists.
1. Create an Arts, Culture, and Tourism Master Plan.
2. Identify funding sources and suitable sites and venues for public art and cultural projects, activities, and future event planning.
3. Create a racial equity statement, examine policy, and seek to enhance and provide inclusive and diverse opportunities in our arts programming for local artists.
4. Facilitate cultural stewardship for visitors and locals, fostering our contemporary culture and celebrating our region's history.
5. Promote social change through art projects and cultural events for both a healthy community and a thriving tourist economy.
6. Remodel the City’s Public Art Request for Proposals process and streamline City Planning Department processes.