Contractor Licensing

Contractor Licensing Classifications

A complete listing of Contractor Licensing Classifications is provided by the Contractors State License Board. A California license is required by every contractor working within the city limits.In addition, a valid city business license is required.For further information, please contact the Business License Division at (530) 542-6012.


A contractor will need to maintain worker’s compensation insurance as required by Section 3700 of the Labor Code for the performance of the work for which a permit is issued.If the contractor does not employ any person, in any manner, they are exempt from the worker’s compensation regulations.