The City Treasurer is an elected position. The treasurer invests public funds in a prudent manner that provides maximum security while meeting daily cash flow demands and conforming to all statutes governing the investment of public funds. Within these parameters, funds are invested to optimize investment return.
- Effectively managing the city's investment portfolio
- Maintaining the appropriate number of approved investment broker / dealers
- Monitoring cash flow requirements to ensure sufficient liquidity
- Monitoring the investment performance in Participant Directed and Aggregated VEBA Accounts for other post employee benefits trust (OPEB)
- Providing quarterly investment portfolio reports to the City Council within 45 days of quarter-end
- Reviewing and updating the city's investment policy with the Investment Committee prior to submission to the City Council annually