Please note our office closures for the Services Center for the upcoming holiday season:
Sr. Building Inspector
1052 Tata Ln.
South Lake Tahoe,
Ph: (530) 542-6010
Inspect: (530) 542-6017
Fx: (530) 541-7524
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 11:00 am and 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Inspectors 8:00 am- 9:00 am and 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
December 23, 2013 – January 3, 2014
Except the Building Division counter will be open December 23 and 30, 2013 and January 2, 2014 from 8:00 - 10:00 am.
Building inspections will be available December 23, 26, 27, 30 and 31 and January 2 and 3.
Our offices will reopen at 8:00 am on Monday, January 6, 2014
The responsibilities of the Building Division include:
- Conducting plan review for residential and commercial construction and remodel projects
- Enforcing code violations and substandard housing complaints
- Issuing permits and inspect building construction, driveways, and ADA
- Maintaining construction records for all parcels and maintain addressing for all structures in the city limits
- New City Code enforcement for Residential Carport Canopy & Storage Structures
Prior to construction, The Building Division recommends becoming familiar with the South Lake Tahoe Urban Runoff and Stormwater Quality Management Ordinance as well as the Grading, Erosion and Sediment Control Ordinance. Non-compliance of the City Code can result in work stoppages and/or fines.
Be familiar with temporary construction site BMPs before construction season! Visit the City Of South Lake Tahoe Stormwater Program webpage for more information about temporary construction site BMPs.