Please note changes to services in the Building Division as follows:
Permit Center Supervisor
Sr. Building Inspector
1052 Tata Ln.
South Lake Tahoe,
Ph: (530) 542-6010
Inspect: (530) 542-6017
Fx: (530) 541-7524
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 11:00 am and 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Assistance from building inspectors and the Building Official is available only from 8:00 - 11:00 am daily.
The responsibilities of the Building Division include:
- Conducting plan review for residential and commercial construction and remodel projects
- Enforcing code violations and substandard housing complaints
- Issuing permits and inspect building construction, driveways, and ADA
- Maintaining construction records for all parcels and maintain addressing for all structures in the city limits
- New City Code enforcement for Residential Carport Canopy & Storage Structures
Prior to construction, The Building Division recommends becoming familiar with the South Lake Tahoe Urban Runoff and Stormwater Quality Management Ordinance as well as the Grading, Erosion and Sediment Control Ordinance. Non-compliance of the City Code can result in work stoppages and/or fines.
Be familiar with temporary construction site BMPs before construction season! Visit the City Of South Lake Tahoe Stormwater Program webpage for more information about temporary construction site BMPs.