Some permits are more complex and require a review of plans, engineering and code requirements. These permits require a plan check process which must be completed prior to issuing a permit. The City of South Lake Tahoe strives to return Plan Checks within 30 days, and re-checks within 10 days.
The process must be completed within 6 months of submission.
We kindly accept plan check submitals until 3:00 pm daily.
- Commerical Tenant Improvements
- Major/Complete Demolition -requires Demolition Permit Submittal Checklist
- Decks and Stairs
- Fire Alarms
- Fire Sprinklers
- Fire Supression Systems
- New Commercial Building
- New Multi Family Dwelling
- New Single Family Dwelling
Project Specific Forms
Project Specific Forms for TRPA Projects
Required Project Specific Checklists
Plan Reviews may be submitted 100% Digital at this time in order to save on printing.
- 100% Digital Reviews will require: Digital engineering & designer stamps on PDF’s.
- 100% Digital Reviews will require: 2 Complete Sets of approved stamped paper plans (with attached supporting documents) to be printed and on job site prior to 1st inspection. Printing will be responsibility of customer.