1052 Tata Lane
South Lake Tahoe,
Ph: (530) 542-7417
Fx: (530) 541-7524
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm
The City of South Lake Tahoe has created a Housing Issues Hotline to assist residents with landlord-tenant concerns. The Housing Issues Hotline is a phone number you can call and get information, locate resources, request assistance, or potentially file a complaint regarding the condition of your rental unit.
Your Landlord is Required to Provide
- Effective waterproofing and weather protection of roof and outside walls, including unbroken windows.
- Hot and cold running water provided and connected to a sewage disposal system.
- Plumbing and gas facilities in good working order.
- Electrical lighting with wiring, and electrical equipment maintained in good working order.
- Floors, stairways, and railings, maintained in good repair.
- The building and all grounds free of rodents, and other pests.
Substandard Housing Inspection Fee
- Call the Housing Hotline at (530) 542-7417. You can also send an email or complete the Housing Issues Citizens Report and the Tenants Affidavit of Service Form.
- A building inspector will then arrange an inspection visit at your apartment or house.
- The building inspector will identify any building violations and will contact the owner with a written notice to comply.
The fee for a substandard housing inspection is $511. The property owner is responsible to pay the fee, due within 30 days of receipt of the first violation notice.
List of Property Managers and Rental Dwellings