Public Information Officer
1901 Airport Road
South Lake Tahoe,
Ph: (530) 542-6093
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Spring 2016 Citizens Academy
The next Citizens Academy is April 7, 2016 through May 19, 2016. Classes will be held every Thursday for seven weeks from 5:30pm-7:30pm.
Spring 2016 Session Outline
Applications are due by March 25, 2016.
About the Program
The City of South Lake Tahoe Citizens Academy is open to all community members. This is an exciting opportunity for residents to increase their knowledge about the workings of local government and have a desire to become more involved in the shaping and development of their community.
Citizens Academy Application
Citizens Academy Brochure
While attending the Citizens Academy, participants will:
- Learn about City government operations and services
- Participate in dialogues with city leaders, city staff & other civic-minded residents
- See taxpayers' investments at work
- Expand their knowledge and become more informed on current and proposed projects within the City
- Gain appreciation for the City’s resources and capacity to meet the needs of the community
- Learn about opportunities to become more involved and help build a sustainable community
- Receive first-hand information and have the chance to ask questions on any topic at the end of each session
The South Lake Tahoe Citizens Academy is a free, seven session interactive course designed to provide residents with an in-depth look into municipal government, as well as, information about the services and programs of the City of South Lake Tahoe.