Mobile food vending and foodpreparation units are subject to the following requirements:
1. Food trucks may not be located in any single area for a period exceeding six hours.
2. Food trucks may only be located on developed private property and must have written consent from the property owner.
3. The location of the food truck shall not interfere with pedestrian or vehicular access, and shall not be located within required parking spaces for any business on the site.
4. Food trucks are subject to the requirements of the Nevada County Department of Environmental Health (NCDEH) and must have written approval from NCDEH to operate.
5. Food trucks used during the catering of private events or aspart of an approved Special Event Permit are exempt from the above-mentionedtime limits.
For more information see the Town of Truckee food truck regulations (Section 18.62.030Temporary Uses and Events-Exempt Temporary Uses and Events)
Requires a permit allowing you to sell food and beverages from a motorized vehicle or trailer on public streets or private property. Also requires County Department of Health Permit and Business License.
- Limitations on all mobile vending
- 8:00am – 8:00pm
- May not operate in City parking lots or garages.
- Restricted locations
- Maintain site in a clean and debris-free condition the entire area and within 25 feet of operations.
Short-term operation on City streets
- Must only operate for up to one hour on the same block and cannot return to a block within four hours.
- Not conduct business or operate within one block of any publicor private school grounds on days that school is open between the hours of 8:00a.m. and 5:00 p.m.;
- Not conduct business within one block of any City park at which a City-approved and permitted special event is taking place without having obtained a special event permit;
- Operate in legal parking space and obey all parking regulations;
- Minimum 8-foot clearance on sidewalk
Long-term operation on City streets
- Only in specified locations
- Hours limited by the permit
- Access to bathroom facilities
- Provide refuse and recycling for patrons
Private property operations
- Property owner written permission
- Only allowed to operate on the approved property indicated on the permit.
- Entire operation, including queuing of patrons, conducted on the approved property.
- Limited to a single location for no more than two hours in any 24-hour period unless a conditional use permit, a temporary use or special event permit has been obtained.
- Provide refuse and recycling for patrons.
- City indemnification and hold harmless
For more information see the City of Monterey website - How to Apply For a Permit - Other Permit Applications
Mobile vending Business License – Municipal Code Section 4.05.020
- Requires Washoe County Health District permit
- Limited to 4 hours in 24 hour period in one spot
- Requires property owner permission to conduct business on commercial private property
- Prohibited on residentially zoned property
- Prohibited on highway, street, alley, sidewalk or city-owned or city-operated public parking lot.
- Prohibited within 300 feet from the property line of any school,church, playground or park without the express written consent of the property owner or responsible person for the school, church, playground or park.
- Must obtain a permit to operate in the city park or parking lot serving a city park.
- Prohibited within 100 feet of permanent restaurant during business hours.
- Only operate between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.,unless the activities are conducted on a property within an area zoned for 24-hour operations or the property is under the privilege of a special use permit allowing such use.
- Prohibits use of amplified sound or other forms used for attracting attention, to include yelling and/or "hawking."
- Advertising signs must be affixed to the vehicle/unit and may not be placed on the ground or in the public right-of-way and may only advertise the business of the mobile vendor.
- Vehicles/units must be self-contained. No outdoor cooking or BBQ.
- Prohibits vending within 300 feet of a permitted special event or activity unless the vendor is included as part of the event and allowed by written permission of event organizer
- No sale or service of alcohol.
For more information see the City of Reno Municipal Code Chapter 4.05
MOBILE FOOD VENDOR PERMIT
- Annual permit expires April 30 of each year and must be renewed each year along with an annual inspection.
- Personal disclosure forms – Verifies each business owner’s awareness of permit requirements and laws pertaining to mobile vending business and any past criminal convictions.
- Proof of insurance. Coverage of $1,000,000 combined single limit per occurrence for both AUTO and GENERAL liability and indicates the City of Sacramento as additional insured.
- Health Permit from Sacramento County Environmental ManagementDept.
- Current DMV registration
- Permit must be posted on the vehicle
- Vehicle must be lawfully parked.
- Requires adequate lighting for customer safety, directed downward and away from public street and adjacent property.
- Prohibits signs, tables, chairs, fences, shade structures, orother furniture.
- Vendors shall keep customers and other patrons from blocking all streets, sidewalks, paths, driveways, doorways, and other avenues of vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Vendors shall maintain the area surrounding the vehicle free of trash and other debris, provide customers with a receptacle for garbage and pick up any trash in the area before leaving.
- Limits operate to a one-hour period in any location, or within four hundred (400) feet of that location, unless prior to stopping, the food vending vehicle permittee has provided the director with a copy of the county of Sacramento’s approval of readily available toilet and hand washing facilities within two hundred (200) feet travel distance of that location.
- If operating on the street, must not be within 400 feet of another food vending vehicle, within 50 feet of an intersection, within 100 feet of any restaurant or café outdoor seating.
- Must not be within 400 feet of school between the hours of 7:00am and 4:00pm on school days
- Must not operate within one thousand (1,000) feet of any establishment that maintains a valid entertainment permit between 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m.
- Time restrictions on operating in residential zoning districts.
Mobile Food Vendor Driver Permit
- Annual permit expires April 30 of each year and must be renewed each year.
- DMV record
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Verification of driver’s awareness of permit requirements and laws pertaining to mobile vending business and any past criminal convictions or driver’s license revocations.
- Submission of passport photos to be attached to the permit and kept on record by the Police Department.
Food Vendor Property Permit
- Required for food vending for more than 30 minutes on private property except in heavy commercial or industrial zoning districts and active construction sites.
- Requires property owner consent.
- Must post public notice on property and mail to all property owners within 500 feet after application is submitted and before permit is issued. Decision to issue a permit also must be posted and mailed to all property owners within 500 feet.
- Annual permit expires April 30 of each year and must be renewed each year.
- Conditional Use Permit required for more than two food vending vehicle on a property.
- Prohibited on residentially zoned property.
- May not interfere with access, driveways, aisles, the circulation of vehicles or pedestrians or parking spaces required for the primary use of the parcel.
- Must be on paved surface.
For more information see the Cityof Sacramento Mobile Food Vending Website
City of Santa Cruz
Mobile Food Vending Permit
- Annual permit that requires renewal in March each year.
- Allowed only in residential and industrial areas. No vending is allowed in commercial districts unless it is part of a permit for a special event.
- Limited locations specified on each permit.
- Maximum of 15 minutes per stop in residential zones. Maximum four hours per stop in other zones.
- No vending within 300 feet of a school or park, unless part of pilot program.
- Background check by Police Department.
- Requires business license.
- Must comply with the City Environmentally Acceptable Food Packaging ordinance which stipulates that all food service providers shall provide food or drink in containers that are reusable, biodegradable,compostable or recyclable.
- Prohibits tables, chairs, shade structures, and signs on streets, parking spaces, or sidewalks.
- Shall provide waste containers and litter removal within 50 feet of vending.
- Prohibits encroachment on sidewalk except waste containers where four feet of clearance is provided. Must manage customer queuing to maintain pedestrian access.
- Prohibits amplified sound. Some sounds devices may be approved as part of permit.
- Must be legally parked and pay for parking where required. Park where customers can safely order and pick up food without standing in road, parking space or landscaping.
- Limited to 8:00am to 9:00pm
- 18 month pilot program allows limited operation adjacent to specified parks.
- 18 month pilot program for vending on private property with operation limitations.
Mobile Food Vending Operator permit
- DMV driving record
- Upon approval, Police Department issues photo ID.
For more information see the City of Santa Cruz mobile vending permit website