4th of July Parade
Join us for the 2018 4th of July Parade!
Join the community of South Lake Tahoe and celebrate the 4th of July by participating in the 4th of July Parade on Wednesday, July 4, 2018!
Individuals, businesses, sports groups, philanthropy groups, schools, etc. are all invited to participate and FLOAT entries are highly encouraged.
The City of South Lake Tahoe is hosting the annual South Lake Tahoe 4th of July parade on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 from Ski Run Blvd. to Bijou Community Park off of Al Tahoe Blvd, beginning at 10am.
The annual parade honors our local veterans and the American Legion Post 795 who will serve as the parade marshals. There will be an "After Party" at Bijou Community Park located at 1201 Al Tahoe Boulevard.
The party will begin immediately following the conclusion of the parade a featuring a BBQ with all proceeds going to the American Legion.
- The parade route will be staging on Ski Run Blvd. at 9am.
- The parade will begin at 10am and head West on Hwy 50 to Al Tahoe Blvd. where the parade will lead up Al Tahoe Blvd. and conclude at Bijou Community Park.
- Premium viewing locations will be along Hwy 50 between Ski Run Blvd. and Al Tahoe Blvd.
- View parade from the Library.
- View parade from Lakeview Commons.
- View parade from South Tahoe Middle School.
- View parade at Rite Aid parking lot.
- View parade at LTUSD bus garage.
- A celebratory BBQ will follow with all proceeds benefitting the American Legion Post 795 and display of all parade floats.
Support the American Legion:
A GoFundMe account has been established to raise funds for the local American legion Post 795 at GoFundMe page. The American Legion Post 795 is in need of updating and is a small post of 94 members. Post 795 is one of three Posts’ in California that own their own building and land. They are currently in need of new carpet, kitchen, roof, chimney repair, and remodeling. The Veterans of South Lake Tahoe appreciate the support the community has given them over the years.
2016 4th of July Parade
The City of South Lake Tahoe hosted its first annual 4th of July parade on Monday, July 4, 2016. There were a total of 78 vehicles and approximately 200 people on foot either walking, biking, or dancing. American Legion Post 795 served as the parade marshals.