The City Council is soliciting applications for Planning Commission members, commencing on October 1. During the solicitation/ recruitment period, completed applications must be returned to the City Clerk by the deadline set forth in the Notice of Solicitation period.
- 3:00 pm
- Second Thursday of the month, unless otherwise noted
- City Council Chambers
1901 Airport Rd.
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Planning Commission Agenda for December 13, 2018
CALL TO ORDER/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG:
1. ROLL CALL
2. PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS: This is the public’s opportunity to speak on any topic not listed on this agenda. Comments shall be limited to three (3) minutes (or less). Please note, however, in accordance with the Brown Act, the Planning Commission cannot deliberate or vote on any matter raised under public communications, but may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed (Government Code Sections 54954.2)
3. ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA:
4. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
5. OLD BUSINESS
a. Consider Major Design Review Permit Application (File #18-074), for The Chateaus at South Lake Tahoe, 4125 and 4139 Lake Tahoe Boulevard (Continued Matter from November 8, 2018)
Attachment 1 | Attachment 2 | Attachment 3 | Attachment 4 | Attachment 5 | Attachment 6 |
Attachment 7 | Attachment 8 | Attachment 9 | Attachment 10 | Attachment 11| Attachment 12 |
Recommendation: Hear staff report; open public hearing; receive public input; receive commissioner comments; and take the following actions:
1. Find The Chateaus at South Lake Tahoe, File # 18-074, a 16 unit condo-hotel project, is substantially consistent with the 2007 (File # 07-03) and 2013 (File # 13-005) approved projects and conditions of approval.
2. Find The Chateaus at South Lake Tahoe, File, #18-074, is substantially consistent with the previously certified Environmental Impact Report (EIR) and Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the South Tahoe Redevelopment Project # 3 (Certified by the South Lake City Council in October 1998) and subsequent 2006 and 2007 Addendums (certified by the City Council on June 29, 2006 and May 1, 2007) for the South Tahoe Redevelopment Project # 3 (State Clearinghouse # 1997082020).
3. Find that based upon the project’s substantial compliance with the previously approved projects and previous environmental analysis consistent with CEQA, no additional analysis is required at this time.
4. Approve the Major Design Review Permit for The Chateaus at South Lake Tahoe, File #18-074, based on the findings in the staff report and the updated conditions of approval for South Lake Tahoe Redevelopment Project # 3 and all components of the South Lake Tahoe Redevelopment Project # 3 listed in the attached City Permit.
5. Adopt Resolution 2018-09 approving the Major Design Review Permit for The Chateaus at South Lake Tahoe, File # 18-074.
6. NEW BUSINESS
Recommendation: Adopt Planning Commission Resolution 2018-10 recommending repealing and replacing City Code Section 4.35, Mobile Vending; amending City Code Section 2.35, Administrative Appeals; and adoption of City Code Section 6.70, Mobile Vending Private Property Locations.
7. PLANNING COMMISSIONER’S REPORT:
8. STAFF REPORTS:
- Judy Brown, Chair
- Craig Woodward, Vice-Chair
- Diana Madson, Commissioner
- Kili Ongoy, Commissione
- Jenna Palacio, Commissioner
Email Amanda Nolan Commission Liaison
Duties & Qualifications
- Assist in the preparation and update of and make recommendations to the City Council concerning the general plan for the physical development of the city
- Perform those duties set forth in Article 7 of the California Government Code under such conditions as the City Council may from time to time establish